2007-2021: Over the years, these have been the historical champions of the CrossFit Games
Since June 30, 2007, the CrossFit Games have become paramount because it is a worldwide competition where athletes give their best.
Nevertheless, this rivalry, many athletes have been able to stand out to the point that they became an example for many to follow.
Among them are historical winners, who to this day are remembered as the champions of champions, as is the case with Mat Fraser.
Winners from 2007 to 2021:
●2007 - James FitzGerald: Fitzgerald was the first man to inaugurate the hall of fame in the world of CrossFit by having winning the first edition of this competition. He also founded OPEX Fitness: company focused in training professional sports trainers.
●2008 - Jason Khalipa: He won the second edition of the Games. He is also the founder of NCFIT, a platform specialized in developing daily training programs for athletes.
●2009 - Mikko Salo: To this day, all the winners of the Games have been American, except for Salo, who in 2009 became the first and only Finn to take first place on the podium.
●2010 - Graham Holmberg: That year, Graham disputed the title of Fittest On Earth with Rich Froning in 2018. He retired from the individual category to participate in teams.
●2011 to 2014 - Rich Froning: Froning took the title of Fittest On Earth for the fourth consecutive year, and it was until 2015 that he decided to retire from the individual category and began to compete in teams with CrossFit Mayhem Freedom, where they were champions in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
●2015 - Ben Smith: The final of that year is still talked about to this day, as Smith was champion just 2 points ahead of Fraser.
● 2016 to 2020-Matt Fraser: The champion of champions, he has been the only person in the world of CrossFit to win five competitions in a row. In the year 2021, he announced his retirement.
● 2021-Justin Medeiros: At only 22 years old, Medeiros took first place in the Games, and there is already talk that although he has a long way to go, he is the possible successor to Fraser.
Winners from 2007 to 2021:
● 2007-Jolie Gentry: she was the first woman to win the edition of the CrossFit Games, and like Fitzgerald, she inaugurated the hall of fame with her photo
● 2008-Caity Matter: Since youth, she expressess dedication to sports. That year, 2008, she expressed that even with her background in basketball and track, the Games were probably the most athletic experience she had ever had.
●2009 - Tanya Wagner: That year's champion co-owns CrossFit Apex
● 2010-Kristan Clever: This year, she took the title of Fittest On Earth
● 2011 to 2012-Annie Thorisdottir: she was the first woman to win two consecutive editions
● 2013-Samantha Briggs: She was named the Fittest On Earth and managed to win the English Olympic Lifting Championships in the 58kg category, all in the same year.
●2014 - Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet: The athlete is also recognized for being a weight lifter, having qualified for several competitions related to the discipline.
● 2015 to 2016-Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir: Like Thorisdottir, she was the second woman to win the Games for two consecutive years.
●2017-2021 - Tia-Clair Toomey: The Australian athlete has made it clear that she is the strongest and fittest woman in the world, having won 5 consecutive titles. Without a doubt, she became a legend in the world of CrossFit.
leave a comment